I don't like being subjective. Yet, there is a little non-scientist philosopher living inside of me that occasionally has to speak out. Feel free to disagree.
Grow up America. There are two+ political parties. Both sides have intelligent, patriotic people with good ideas, ideals, and promise. They are there, hiding behind the stupid, loud and obnoxious. Your political parties are not sports teams. You do not need to fight every call the referee makes because it faults your team. This is real life, and it needs to be treated with a certain amount of seriousness, intelligence and respect.
Next time Fox News or CNN does anything that is not news, i.e. goes to read people's tweets (or whatever they are called), or offends any other nationality, race, gender, etc., or reports on Sarah Palin's daughter's relationships, just turn it off. Kill their ratings. Send them e-mails or letters to back-up their claims. Really do something. Maybe then we can be helped before actually falling to Idiocracy. (It's a movie, a frightening one when you witness the world today. Watch it.)
Take time to reflect on your own ideals and try to empathize with those that are different than you. More importantly, don't let your internal filters down when you see or hear 'facts' that are presented today. I don't always agree with Rachel Maddow, but I do agree with this analysis. Thanks to Jason for sharing this with me. If this is not absolutely frightening to you, then you won't listen to anything I said here anyway.
Kate pointed out a website to me, politifact.com that seems to be pretty good from what I have read so far.
Question everyone's sources.

Sounds like fun. I'm glad you had a good time. I love you. Mom XO
ReplyDelete